Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department. Gain work experience within all subdivisions of the department by working with: Director of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Digital Coordinator, Communications Coordinator and Receptionist.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in giving tours of all facilities.
- Assist with the development of marketing programs and promotions.
- Assist with the behind the scenes planning of an event.
- Maintain event listings on tourism & community websites.
- Create promotional materials for upcoming events.
- Create event parking passes.
- Distribute posters and flyers.
- Update and post events and articles on website.
- Update social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube etc.).
- Organize promotions and ticket giveaways through social media.
- Research and outreach to targeted organizations for special events.
- In-depth event research for various marketing needs.
- Update social media reports.
- Create artist bio sheets.
- Plan & execute community involvement.
- Attend weekly marketing and staff meetings.
- All other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Related coursework and previous job, internship or volunteer experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft-based computer systems, including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat & Photoshop preferred but not necessary.
- Responsible, self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, hard worker and works well with others.
- Superior communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
Commitments and Expectations:
- Students must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week during the business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM. Position does require student to work in person. May be asked to work some evenings and weekends.
Deadline to apply is Monday, July 10th at 10:00AM. Please no phone calls.
Please submit your resume & cover letter to through the link below.